Wonderful Perchers

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Eyes

The theme over at Simplicity this week is "eyes"
I know most people are going to show off their little ones and loved ones beautiful eyes but I am taking a bit of a different approach ;)
This is a picture of Billy. She is a 13 yr old Jersey cow who somehow is still milking! She is such a sweet soul and you can see it in her eyes. She is very thin and her poor teats are about a half an inch from the ground but when you look into her eyes you can see she knows she is old and not at pretty as the other cows but you can also see her inner beauty and kindness. She always seemed to be off by herself and the first time we met her she just looked at us with such wonder and gentleness. She and the other cows are not used to seeing little kids so when we are out in the pasture and my son wants to hug all of them I am very cautious and I am only a step away to get him out of harms way with them. With Billy it was different. She seemed to welcome my son up to her, almost like she was so much smaller then the herd, so she welcomed a small human. Billy will always be a favorite of ours and she represents how sweet and gentle cows can be and why I love the Jersey breed so much.
Also if you look closely you can see a reflection of me in her eye. Not sure if you can see it in this picture but in a bigger picture I am there :)




Please stop by one of the cutest blogs, Simplicity, and check out the other wonderful entries.

4 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

I love this closeup.

Unknown said...

I love your Billie! What a great take on eyes. Cows are such beautiful creatures. Very, very lovely. Do you live on a farm? My Daddy has always had farming in his blood. I hope someday I will be able to buy him a farm and he can retire there!

Karrie said...

Thank you ashley!

LwK...I do not live on a big farm but I consider mine a mini farm. My uncle owns a dairy farm in upstate NY and we go there several times a yr. I have been going there since I was about 5. It is my home away from home and I hope to one day have a big farm like his. His is 117acres of wonderful! Keep trying and wishing to get your dad that farm...wishes do come true :)

Smiling is Good for Your Teeth said...

What a sweet post! I am your newest follower and I am excited to read more on your blog!

Have an awesome day!