Wonderful Perchers

Monday, November 22, 2010

My 1st Family Photo Shoot

As most of you know, I am not really a portrait photographer. At least the "sit down, stand here, do this, do that, smile now" type of photographer. I used to love when all the kids from preschool would get together so I could just chase them and get them in their natural setting. I love nature and natural. So this leads me to Alicia and her family.\
Alicia and I went to high school together and reconnected on Facebook. It has been 16 yrs since I had seen her! I just gave away how old I am huh?! LOL! She has been following me grow into my photography since I post almost every picture I take! She emailed me one day and asked if I would take some pictures of her and her family and of coarse I said yes but I had to explain that I was not a portrait photographer and she had said that was perfect for her! She was is a natural type person and would love for me to just get some shots of the kids running around and her family just being together. Now, for me, I was doing the happy dance and was just honored that she believed in me enough to give me a shot but to be honest I was scared to death!! What if I failed? What if I didn't get any good shots? What if she was really upset with the way my pictures came out? As I am not into photoshop either. I love the natural photos...a little tweak here, a little tweak there...but that is it!
So the day came and I was so nervous!! Not only to shoot her and her family but to see her after all these years. Well....I had nothing to be nervous about! Her family was absolutely wonderful!!! Her family was so much fun to be around and to take pictures of. Her husband..such a nice man, fun, patient and pretty handsome I do have to say ;) her oldest son...what a wonderful young man! and a good sport with the little guy and having his picture taken.. and her youngest....talk about adorable!!! He was all over the place!! running here and there but he was also a great sport with the photos. Such handsome boys she has! Alicia must be very tired at the end of the day keeping up with that little man!
Anyways...enough jibber jabber.....here are a few of the photos that I took that day in Meridan at Hubbard Park of Alicia and her family:)








This is the photo that Alicia is going to use on her website Naturawl Being. Isn't she beautiful!! Please be sure to stop by and check it out. Alicia and her friend Kelly are starting a business that is all about Raw, Organic and Vegan foods! They are in the Beta stages right now but be sure to check out the website and follow them on Facebook. They have some wonderful recipes and information they are always posting on Facebook!



This was such a blast to do!!!! It also helps when you have a great family to do it with! Thank you Alicia for giving me the opportunity to meet, hang with and photograph your wonderful, adorable, fun and beautiful family!!! It was also so wonderful to see you after all these years and hopefully it won't be another 16 years until we see each other again!!!!!

3 comments:

Kelly Cook said...

Awesome! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Karrie! You did such a great job - we are still having such a hard time choosing which pictures to print for our family wall, they all came out so wonderful! Pretty sure we have decided on some photobooks, so we don't have to! hahahah

We all highly recommend Karrie's work - the unconventional setting at the park is the perfect way to catch each others personalities! I am all for some posed shots, but in reality, these are by far the best shots we have had done to capture the purity of life.

And Karrie ~ you look beautiful! I laughed when we pulled up behind you and 1) I just knew that had to be your vehicle with the farm sticker and 2) you look the same as in HS!

We will keep in touch, for sure. Hoping through Naturawl Being, we can get your awesome skills to get more great pictures of our creations through out the years!

KIT, Love & Green stuff :) Alicia

4 Lettre Words said...

Such a lovely family...and you did a really great job!