- Allowance Race: A race which has eligibility conditions to determine the horses that may enter and is not a claimer.
- Claiming Race: A race in which any horse may be purchased at a predetermined price.
- Handicap Race: A race in which weights have been assigned by the racing secretary after evaluating entrant's past races.
- Maiden Race: A race for horses which have never won a race.
- Stakes Race: Highest class of race, reserved for the best horses. Owners have to pay an entry fee or "stake" for these races.
- Derby: Stakes race for three year olds.
Bob Bull update:
Bob has adjusted just fine into his new (old) home and has starting training to run in April. He has put on weight and is around 1000 lbs. Tom says he seems to be very happy he is home and is still pretty "goofy". I will explain more of this in the next few days. I am currently working on Bob Bulls and Toms wonderful story of how Bob ended up back running with Tom.
I will be posting this story in the next few days. Please stay tuned. It is a wonderful story! Unfortunately it will be minus pictures but we are working on that right now. It's a little hard when we are 1500 miles away from each other :) but the pictures are coming!