Wonderful Perchers

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Moon Over Connecticut

We finally had a BEAUTIFUL day today and we spent almost the whole day outside. My thermometer read 52 this afternoon. I felt like I should have been in short sleeves and shorts. OK, so not that warm. The girls were out today flying around the yard and playing in the lilac trees. They were so happy! Most of the snow melted today and we can see a lot of grass. We haven't seen grass in what seems like months. I know that this is just a tease and it will only be in the 30's again by mid week. I will take what I can get!! :)
So what's a better way to end a beautiful day? A beautiful night. The moon is shinning and I have my new camera to play with. I really have to learn how to use this thing! So, I went out and enjoyed the night for a bit, a little chilly and you can see the melted snow on the driveway starting to cystalize, but still nice.
These are some of the pictures I got.
I love this one!
This one is a screw up but I liked how it turned out.

This one is sooo cool. That is a cloud coming over the moon.
I don't think they turned out to shabby. Now I need to figure out how to get my camera back to everyday settings :0
Hope you all enjoyed the warm weather for a bit!
Have a great week!!



4 comments:

Dan Felstead said...

Paprika...
Great images of the moon! As you must know it is hard to get a good picture that doesn't blow out the highlights and you did it. Good job!

Dan

Creative Coquette said...

Those are amazing! Hard to do as well!

Karrie said...

Thank you soo much! I hate to admit it but I don't know what I am doing. I tried all the different functions and just shot. I only had 2 come out nice out of at least 20! Thank you for your kind words. It makes me want to get out there and learn more :)

Unknown said...

great moon photos Karrie! Beautiful:)