Wonderful Perchers

Monday, January 12, 2009

Introduction

I should have done this in the first post, but I had no clue how to start. So now I have decided to introduce myself and my very talented mother who got me in to all of this.
My name is Karrie and I am a wife and a mother of 2 boys, 3(soon to be 4) and 14. I am a stay at home mom who loves and hates what she does. I love being a stay at home mom because it is the most rewarding thing I have ever done. I hate being a stay at home mom because you don't get to interact with many people and your life becomes the same thing day in and day out. I would not change it for the world though. I also love to bake and garden and be outside in the warm sun (not now). Summer is the best time of year for me and I love doing anything outside. I also have a HUGE love of animals. I currently have 3 cats, 2 dogs, a bird and 13 chickens (some of who you have met already) and I would probably have more if I had more land and could stand all the hair in the house!!

Now I would like to introduce you to my mother Sandy. She is the main creator of the wonderful pieces you are looking at in the pictures on this post and on Etsy and Artfire. She is a women of many talents. She is a wonderful crafter, baker, cook, decorator, gardener to name a few. She has been making crafts for almost ever, but not until a few years ago found her calling of making jewelry. She makes such wonderful things that they sell right off of her. Really, people ask about something and she will sell it right off of her. She also sells her jewelry at a store called Green Eyed Daisy's which is located in Falmouth Mass, Cape Cod and on Martha's Vineyard. She has been very proud of what she has done with her jewelry and is trying to make some extra cash. She just has fun and loves it.
Sandy is also a mother of 3 and a Baci (grandmother in Polish) of 3 grandsons and a granddaughter. She has been married for 39 yrs and still going strong. She is a very talented women with a heart of gold. She also is a RN but now works for an allergy doctor. She has been there for 14 yrs now. She is a wonderful wife, mother, grandmother and friend. I am very happy she is my mom.
This was just a short introduction, not that short huh, about us. I hope for you to learn more about us in this blog.
I have many thoughts and ideas that I want to use and share here. I just need to learn how to do it to keep all of you reading. I will tell you now that I will not be posting everyday or possibly every other day. I am setting a goal to do at least 1-2 posts a week for now. If I can sneak more in then that would be wonderful. I also don't plan on this blog being just about Etsy and Artfire but personal things that make both of us happy. If you haven't noticed, I am the computer geek. So most of the stuff posted here are by me. Our stores are team work and this blog, well, is a little bit more fun time for me. You will probably catch lots of grammar issues and misspellings (never did good in English class), please excuse those I miss to fix. I hope to get better at this and hope that you all will check back and hopefully enjoy one or two things you see on this blog.
Thank you and I hope to see you all back again and maybe leave a comment or 2 :)

1 comment:

Janette P. said...

I feel the same way you do about being a SAHM! So glad there's Etsy and the forums and blogs - gives me a chance to interact with others. You're off to a great start with your blog!