Wonderful Perchers

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Clothing and Blankets needed for our wounded!! Please Help! Just 1 would go a long way!!

I know things are tough out there for most of us this Holiday season (me included) but I saw this post and needed to spread the word!
I have been apart of Soldiers Angels since September and I have adopted a Hero, sent many TLC request cards and letters and I even got the nerve up to make a no sew blanket! Which reminds me I have to post the pics of that one! It is so rewarding every time I send out a package or letter. Just to know they are going to receive my letter that hopefully puts a smile on their face to know that people back home care about them. Thomas is also very much into helping and loves shopping for our Hero and he includes a picture for every card we send out! I also have recruited his kindergarten class! they are taking donations (which has turned out to be a good size box) and the class is making Christmas cards for some soldiers! We have had a wonderful and generous response from families in the class. Thank you all!!
Anyways, This call out for help right now is for our wounded who end up being flown to Germany to get treatment and the best treatment at that! Most of the wounded are flown in on helicopters which are very cold this time of year. They are in desperate need of blankets and sweatpants and sweatshirts. I know it doesn't seem like much but if you read here You will understand why they need them so badly. Next time I run into Walmart I am going to pick up some sweatshirts and pants to send out. They aren't very expensive there, and probably at target too. You can ship them in a flat rate box from the post office (which they will give you). i am guessing at this point but I would say the $10 or $12 box would get you maybe 2-4 pair of sweats in them if you really squeeze them in...just estimating tho :) Get your neighborhood involved, get a school involved, a church, your work, anywhere you think people could help. Just think, if everyone picked up just 1 thing...how many wounded soldiers would no longer be cold and they would know how much they are cared about. If you can do anything to help out, I know you will feel good and I know Soldiers Angels would be grateful! They are such a wonderful group of people and I couldn't have found a better group to be a part of!

If you need any further information or help please feel free to contact me at Krem0922@aol.com put "wounded" in the subject line just in case it goes to spam. I will gladly help you out, help get you started, help you find a project that fits you or find answers for you if you need them. You can also Click Here to go to the Soldiers Angels site and make a small donation or read about them and what they do. There are many ways you can help.

Thank you and God Bless our Troops! Bring them home safe!!!

No comments: